The Family Fun Activity Area is Presented by Middlesex Community College, Lowell General Hospital & Tufts Floating Hospital for Children, and Xfinity.
Festival-goers are in for numerous treats along Shattuck Street this year with numerous interactive opportunities presented by Festival supporters, The Lowell National Historical Park Interpretive Staff and City of Lowell Recreation and Parks Department on Saturday and Sunday from 12:00 noon to 5:00 pm.
Lowell National Historical Park Staff will be organizing interactive crafts for all ages
Everyone is invited to try out the traditional games offered by the Recreation and Parks Department, which will include ring toss, bean bag toss, muffin tin game, and the ever popular box hockey.
Along Shattuck Street, the tree-lined Mack Plaza will host afternoon performances this year by:
- The Wright Brothers Perform on Saturday at 1 p.m. & 2 p.m. – Juggling, Acrobatics & Comedy
- The Donna Miceli Dance Center will have staff and students on hand on Saturday to instruct Festival Goers in how to do the National Dance Day Dance. National Dance Day was started in 2010 to get people more involved in physical fitness through dance. This will be taught starting at 2:30 p.m. on Saturday.
- The Donna Miceli Dance Center has put together a great “international” dance program taking place at approximately 3 p.m. on Saturday. Groups include African, Hip Hop, Beatsteppers, Ankor Dance Troupe, Irish Step Dancers, Mexicano Folklorico Ballet, Tap, and Flamenco!
- Chunky’s Cinema will be there on Saturday & Sunday with their Prize Wheel and their Bio Truck! The Chunky’s Bio Truck is powered 100% by Trans-Fat Canola Fry Oil.
- Hood’s Ice Cream Truck will be there on both Saturday & Sunday, giving out free samples of their Red Sox Ice Cream Treats
- The Winchester School of Chinese Culture will be there on Saturday & Sunday to teach Festival Goers how to make items out of origami.
- Frank FM will be broadcasting live from there from 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. on Saturday.
- Xfinity will have a booth where they will be doing face painting and temporary tattooing.
- On Sunday, the Triveni School of Dance from Boston will continue with our “international dance” theme by doing numerous performances of South India styles of dance. They will be performing the Kuchipudi and Odissi styles of Dance. This fits in very well as one of our featured Performers – Mythili Prakash Dance Ensemble will be on the Main Stages Performing the Bharata Natyam style of South India Dance.
- Scrapkins will be there on Sunday from 12 – 5, helping kids make their own pirate ships out of recycled milk and orange juice cartons. They will also have a water chute where the kids can actually sail their ship after they make them!
Don’t miss the many offerings of this family-focused venue in the midst of the Festival!