There’s never a dull moment when you are at the Lowell Folk Festival. While walking from one stage to another, you never know what street performers you’ll see along the way!
Saturday – July 30 (Merrimack & Kirk Streets)
3:40 – 4:10 Parade – Mummer’s Aqua String Band
Sunday – July 31 (John & Merrimack Streets)
1:30 – 1:55 Hung Gar Kung Fu & Lion Dance (Chinese Lion Dance)
3:30 – 3:55 Hung Gar Kung Fu & Lion Dance (Chinese Lion Dance)
Sunday – July 31 (Shattuck Street Family Activity Area)
1:30 – 2:00 Robert Clarke (Magician, Juggler, and Comedy)
3:00 – 3:30 Robert Clarke (Magician, Juggler, and Comedy)
Shattuck Street- Saturday & Sunday from noon-5pm
Festival-goers are in for numerous treats along Shattuck Street this year with numerous interactive opportunities presented by Festival supporters, The Lowell National Historical Park Interpretive Staff and City of Lowell Recreation and Parks Department on Saturday and Sunday from 12:00 noon to 5:00 pm.
The Lowell National Historical Park Staff will be organizing interactive crafts for all ages. Everyone is invited to try out the traditional games offered by the Recreation and Parks Department, which will include ring toss, bean bag toss, muffin tin game, and the ever popular box hockey which was invented in Lowell.
Along Shattuck Street, the tree-lined Mack Plaza will host afternoon performances this year by:
• The Donna Miceli Dance Company will have staff and students on hand on Saturday to instruct Festival Goers in how to do the to National Dance Day Routine. National Dance Day was started in 2010 to get people more involved in physical fitness through dance. This will be taught staring at 12:00 PM on Saturday. Then from 12:30 – 1:30, Donna will be coordinating a dance program featuring Benkadi Drummers & Dancers, Flamenco Boston Dancers, Tap & Hoofing of Ryan Casey, Step Dancing & Clogging of Mary Heavey Dance School, Lindy Swing with Boston Swing Central, and so much more!
• Students from the Triveni School of Dance will be on stage from 3 PM – 4 PM Saturday showcasing Classical Indian Dancing. They performed in 2015, and were outstanding. Wait until you see their beautiful costumes.
• Two young ladies from Canada called Tarniriik will perform Inuit throat singing from 4:30PM – 4:50 PM on Saturday
• Chunky’s Cinema will be there on Saturday & Sunday with their Corn Hole Prize Square and their Bio Truck! The Chunky’s Bio Truck is powered 100% by Trans-Fat Canola Fry Oil.
• Canobie Lake Park will have a booth / stop by to try to win passes to this popular New Hampshire Amusement Park.
• The Winchester School of Chinese Cultural will be there on Saturday & Sunday to teach Festival Goers how to make items out of origami.
• Lowell Laborers Union will have a booth where they will be doing face painting and handing out balloons.
• The Lowell National Historical Park will have all kinds of arts and crafts for the kids to do. Also, they will be doing temporary tattoos with the 2016 Centennial National Park Logo and the 2016 30th Anniversary Folk Festival Logo.
• Fidelity / MEFA U Fund of Dreams Tour will have interactive activities for kids and info for parents. It’s never too early to think about saving for college!
• On Sunday Robert Clarke – Magician, Juggler, & Funny Guy will be performing at 1:30 PM and 3:00 PM. Great Family Entertainment!
• Blue Cross / Blue Shield of Mass will have giveaways – stop by their booth!
Don’t miss the many offerings of this family-focused venue in the midst of the Festival!