There’s never a dull moment when you are at the Lowell Folk Festival. While walking from one stage to another, you never know what street performers you’ll see along the way!
Saturday – July 30 (Merrimack & Kirk Streets)
3:40 – 4:10 Parade – Mummer’s Aqua String Band
Sunday – July 31 (John & Merrimack Streets)
1:30 – 1:55 Hung Gar Kung Fu & Lion Dance (Chinese Lion Dance)
3:30 – 3:55 Hung Gar Kung Fu & Lion Dance (Chinese Lion Dance)
Sunday – July 31 (Shattuck Street Family Activity Area)
1:30 – 2:00 Robert Clarke (Magician, Juggler, and Comedy)
3:00 – 3:30 Robert Clarke (Magician, Juggler, and Comedy)
Shattuck Street- Saturday & Sunday from noon-5pm
Festival-goers are in for numerous treats along Shattuck Street this year with numerous interactive opportunities presented by Festival supporters, The Lowell National Historical Park Interpretive Staff and City of Lowell Recreation and Parks Department on Saturday and Sunday from 12:00 noon to 5:00 pm.
The Lowell National Historical Park Staff will be organizing interactive crafts for all ages. Everyone is invited to try out the traditional games offered by the Recreation and Parks Department, which will include ring toss, bean bag toss, muffin tin game, and the ever popular box hockey which was invented in Lowell.
Along Shattuck Street, the tree-lined Mack Plaza stage will host afternoon performances this year by:
- The Donna Miceli Dance Center will have staff and students on hand on Saturday to instruct Festival Goers in how to do the National Dance Day Dance. National Dance Day was started in 2010 to get people more involved in physical fitness through dance. This will be taught staring at 1:30 PM on Saturday. Then from 2:15 – 3:00, Donna will be coordinating a dance program featuring Benkadi Drummers & Dancers, Flamenco Boston Dancers, Tap & and so much more!
- Robert Clarke (Juggler, Magician, & Funny Guy) will be doing his highly acclaimed act at 12:45 and 3:15 on the Shattuck Street Stage
- Chunky’s Cinema will be there on Saturday & Sunday with their Corn Hole Prize Square and their Bio Truck! The Chunky’s Bio Truck is powered 100% by Trans-Fat Canola Fry Oil.
- Canobie Lake Park will have a booth – stop by to try to win passes to this popular New Hampshire amusement park.
- The Winchester School of Chinese Cultural will be there on Saturday & Sunday to teach Festival -goers how to make items out of origami.
- Lowell Laborers Union will have a booth where they will be doing face painting and handing out balloons.
- The Lowell National Historical Park will have all kinds of arts and crafts for the kids to do.
- On Sunday Ventriloquist Dana Perkins will be on hand with his large puppets to perform at 1:00 & 3:00 on the Shattuck Street Stage. Great family entertainment!
- The Chaplin O’Shea Academy of Irish Dance will be performing Traditional Irish Dances at 2:00 PM on Sunday as well.
FAMILY FUN AT DUTTON STREET
- At the Dutton Street Dance Pavilion Area Sponsored by Lahey Health, there will be two things that you don’t want to miss!
- The Boston Bruins B-FIT Team will be at the Lahey Health booth to teach kids fun exercises to keep them fit and healthy!!! Come visit the Bruins and have some fun!
- Peppersass, 150 Year Old Original Steam Locomotive from Mount Washington, will be on display and the Folks from the Mt. Washington Cog Railway will be on hand to give away Family Four Passes for the Cog!
Don’t miss the many offerings of this family-focused venue in the midst of the Festival!